About the Friends of the Oscar Grady Library (FOGL)
The Friends of the Oscar Grady Library (FOGL) is a nonprofit organization providing funding and support for programs and materials for the Library which would otherwise not be possible. The Friends welcome readers of all ages to become members. To join FOGL, stop by the Library’s Circulation Desk to pick up an application.
By joining FOGL you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Lend enthusiasm and support to Library events
- Shop the Member Preview sale of the Friends Annual Sale
The Friends of the Oscar Grady Public Library, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by state and federal laws.
The Friends of Oscar Grady Library is looking to fill two Executive Board positions: Secretary and Treasurer. Contact Library Director, Emily Laws — firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-284-6022 — with interest in either position. FOGL Executive Board members serve 2-year terms.
The Treasurer manages the Port Washington State Bank checking account and handles all banking documents, receives the statements, and keeps the signature cards up to date.
Time commitment: One hour or less per month, with more time during the spring and fall book sales.
Specific tasks include:
· Balance the checkbook per the statement monthly (15min)
· Collect book sale funds from the Circulation Desk monthly or as needed (15min)
· Deposit book sale funds as needed (15min)
· Write checks as needed (15min)
· Make withdrawals for book sales as needed (15min)
· File State of Wisconsin online tax-exempt status annually (30min)
· File IRS online tax-exempt status annually (30min)
· File non-profit annual report online with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (30min)
· Attend Board Meetings, Membership Meetings, and volunteer at FOGL sponsored activities.
· Keep the FOGL cash box, bank bags, and financial documents in order.
The Secretary takes meeting minutes and maintains the membership list.
Time commitment: About 30 minutes after each meeting writing and editing the minutes. Computer and internet skills are necessary for this position.
Specific tasks include:
· Record membership meeting minutes – approximately four per year.
· Record Board (Executive Committee) meeting minutes meetings – approximately four per year.
· Send a copy of the minutes after the meeting to the Board by email for additions or corrections.
· Send a copy of the previous membership meeting minutes to all members by email before the upcoming membership meeting.
· Maintain a current list of FOGL members on Google Docs and share this list with the board
- Books and Bakery program with the Ozaukee Food Alliance: View the signup page for the schedule or to volunteer
- Little Free Libraries — Locations include Quade Park, Village Hall, and at Oscar Grady Public Library
- Book Nook — An ongoing book sale at the Library
- Funding and volunteer support for Library programs such as the annual Summer Reading Program and Zoo Passes
- March 5, 2024
Book Sale (May 1-4)
The Friends sell gently used donated books and discarded library books. Proceeds go towards library programming and services.
Please sign up below to help with the book sale. Options include setup, selling, and takedown of the sale.
Wednesday & Thursday: 10 am – 7 pm
Friday: 10 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm
Donations of books, magazines, DVDs, music CDs and vinyl, and puzzles in good condition are being accepted. Drop of at Oscar Grady Library during regular business hours.